Know More About Tape In
WHAT ARE TAPE IN HAIR EXTENSIONS?
Tape in hair extensions are thin tape wefts, pre-taped hair wefts, that get “taped-in” in between your own hair in“sandwich” like bonds. ... This method is 100% natural, requires no tools or chemicals, and lasts up to three months-and the hair is reusable!
WHY DO WE CHOOSE TAPE INS?
1. Least Damaging
Tape in extensions are the least damaging on the market. They are very lightweight and do not pull on your own hair like other extensions do - they grow out with your own hair and do not tug or pull. Tape in hair extensions are non-damaging and very easy to remove. When it comes to hair loss you do NOT want to lose hair from wearing extensions. With tape in ins you will not lose hair or experience any discomfort. This is the goal of hair extensions - damage free and comfortable!
Tape in extensions are reusable for up to 3-6 months, they are good for 3-4 applications. Being able to reuse your hair extensions is such a benefit, especially if you have had your extensions customized with a cut or color. Once you remove the tape extensions you clean them, add new tape, and then re-apply them.That is why getting high quality tape extensions is most important.Reusing extensions is worth it especially when you pay to have them cut colored etc. The removal of tape extensions takes only 15 minutes.
3. Invisible and Flexible
There are so many things you can do with tape extensions: wear them in any type of hairstyle: braids, super high ponytails etc. They are really thin and invisible! They are so flexible in your hair too - you cannot feel them when you brush over them or wash them. The best thing about tape in hair extensions compared to individual hair extensions is that when you wash and blow dry your hair they are MUCH more flexible and easier to dry and take care of. The individual extensions are stringy, tend to tangle, and the actual bonds are not as flexible and soft as tape extensions when it comes to washing and blow drying. If you want truly invisible and flexible extensions, tape in hair extensions are the best.
HOW CAN I APPLY TAPE IN HAIR EXTENSIONS?
- Part a section at the back of the head, down closest to the neck. Tie or clip up remaining hair.
- Remove the protective paper from the hair piece.
- Lift up the hair and apply one piece under the parted section. Place the tape 2-3 mm below the part.
- Attach another tape-on hair piece directly above so the two meet, and press.
- Press the hair pieces firmly into place, using pliers for help if desired.
HOW MANY PACKS DO I NEED?
The number of tape hair extensions that you need depends on the type of look you want to create and your natural hair type. If you are looking to thicken your natural hair, we usually recommend 1–2 packages. If you want to create an extension of your natural hair, between 2 and 3 packages is the most common. However, if you have very thick hair, or want to create a large wave of hair, you may need up to 2-4 packages.
HOW CAN I REMOVE THE TAPE INS?
You can remove your tape hair extensions using a remover and a pin tail comb. The tape dissolves, which allows you to gently remove your hair extensions as easily as you were able to put them in.
HOW CAN I REUSE THE TAPE IN?
1. Comb through extension hair to remove tangles. Lay extensions on a flat surface, sticky side up.
2. Apply Remover to the used tabs. Rub remover into the adhesive and allow to sit. Pull any sticky pieces off the tape tabs.
3. Measure bonding tape slightly wider than the tabs and cut. Pull off bonding tape backing and apply to tab. Press them together firmly and cut away the excess tape.
HOW SO I WASH MY HAIR?
- Start by separating your hair with your fingers and brush it while it is dry.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and apply shampoo. Massage the shampoo into the hair extensions using downward movements.
- Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out the water.
- Use a hair masque 1–3 times per week. After shampooing, apply a generous amount of hair masque to the lengths and ends of the hair (do not use conditioner or hair masque on tape bondings as that could cause them to fall out.) Leave for 3–10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, then gently squeeze out the water, and apply conditioner to the lengths and ends.
- Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out the water with a towel. For best results and less wear, let your hair air dry and then brush through it.